Friday, December 9, 2011

Merry Christmas

It doesn’t seem possible, but this is the eleventh year the Waterford Public Library has hosted the annual tree lighting of the village Christmas tree following the Winter Wonderland Parade.  Last Saturday evening, seven year old Gracie Lunceford flipped the switch to the delight of about 600 spectators.  And I have to tell you just how lucky I feel to stand at the front of the room and witness the reaction of that many people dazzled by the sight. I’ve never gotten used to it and it always puts me in the Christmas spirit!

If you have a chance, stop in during the holidays to check out your favorite Christmas CD, DVD, cookbook , novel or... just to get a closer look at the tree! Please let us know if there’s something else we need to order to brighten up your family holiday.

On behalf of the entire library staff, I’d like to wish you a very Merry Christmas!                                           Pam Belden, library director

No comments: